Wednesday 2 July 2008

Web 2.0 in professional services / legal firms

After having discussed the main business impacts of operating in the networked world, today's session then went on to explore the use of web 2.0 to support the changes that are necessary.

A highlight of the conversation for me was a discussion on the importance of face-to-face communication and the need to use technology to optimise this:


Continued at: http://blog.social-advantage.com/2008/07/web-20-in-professional-services-legal.html

 

  • Consulting  - Research - Speaking  -  Training -  Writing
  • Strategy   -  Team development  -  Web 2.0  -  Change
  • Contact  me to  create  more  value  for  your  business
  • jon [dot] ingham [at] social [dash] advantage [dot] com

.

2 comments:

  1. Jon -

    For my connections inside and outside the firm it is amazing how much more connected I am with them than I am with my non-connected coworkers.

    There are just so many ways to communicate. Some is background and some is noise. But I ran into one of my co-workers who is also a Facebook Friend. We both commented hw it feels like we talk to each other every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Doug, and thanks for all your great observations on http://kmspace.blogspot.com/.

    I think you're spot on with this.

    One of the things that came up in the workshop was the increasing amount of white noise in business and the need to reduce it. I know tools like Facebook can be seen as adding to this noise.

    But I agree with you - I think they add something very important (I like the term 'social proprioception': http://www.wired.com/techbiz/media/magazine/15-07/st_thompson).

    I also have a growing number of friends in my network who I feel just as close to as those from the 'real' vs 'virtual' world.

    And yes, my best friends and friends in both.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Box is made DO FOLLOW for Google spiders... so comment on...