Tuesday 16 September 2008

Social connections and social intelligence

 

    This month's Harvard Business Review includes an article by Daniel Goleman and Richard Boyatzis (co-authors of Primal Leadership)on 'Social Intelligence and the Biology of Leadership'.

The article combines Goleman's thinking about about social intelligence (the bottom two squares in Goleman's model of emotional intelligence) with Boyatzis's ideas on how leaders can create resonance with others by becoming attuned to the needs and dreams of people they lead.


Continued at: http://blog.social-advantage.com/2008/09/social-connections-and-social.html

 

  • Consulting  - Research - Speaking  -  Training -  Writing
  • Strategy   -  Team development  -  Web 2.0  -  Change
  • Contact  me to  create  more  value  for  your  business
  • jon [dot] ingham [at] social [dash] advantage [dot] com

.

1 comment:

  1. One thought that comes to my mind is not just with managers, owners, etc., but also with marketing through advertisement agencies. I think of how often what people feel they should brand is not really what the customer wants, but instead what they think the customer wants. They don't meet them at their level and for that they don't build a solid relationship. This is an amazing topic on so many levels of business.

    On another note Jon, my name is Cade Krueger. I happened to come across your site and enjoyed it. I actually have one that’s a very similar site about business @ writetoright.com. I thought it would be beneficial for us to do a blogroll link exchange. Please let me know if you’re interested and I’ll put your link up right away. You can email me at wonka.cade@gmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Box is made DO FOLLOW for Google spiders... so comment on...